Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pie, oh my!

In my house there are 3 Thanksgiving essentials: pumpkin pie, pecan pie and apple pie. Yes, I would be fine without turkey but not without my pies. When I saw a "pin" from Craft Addiction, I knew that I had to try her DIY cake stands...for pie!

Off to the dollar store I went with my 2 1/2 year old and 7 month old in tow! I was able to snatch up some of the metal tart pans. I got two different kind to give some variation to the stands. Next I had to find candle holders. I looked and looked and looked. I looked up until the night before Thanksgiving and I couldn't find any candle stick holders for less than $6.00 (after discount at Hobby Lobby) anywhere.

I decided to rummage through the garage in a final attempt. And there it was. I locked eyes with it, the craft light bulb went off in my head and a smile came across my face. I had found the holy grail of this project...an old plant holder. Best of all, it had a place for three pies. FANTASTIC! I sprayed the stand brown so that I could continue to use it and I sprayed the pans brown, orange and red. I attached them with hot glue so they could be easily removed and exchanged for various holidays. I love how it turned out and for $9 for all of the materials, I really, really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment